Wednesday 1 June 2011

The foundations begin!

What a great surprise to find the foundations have started. Also nice to see that they have built up the land, rather than dug down into it, so our house will actually sit a lot higher than I thought. Nice! Here are the photos from this morning. The man in some of them is a nice guy who (I think) was there to estimate the concrete needed. He looked around the land, turned to me and said "hmmm, hiroi, neh" (hmmm, spacious, eh!). I told him, being Australian, I love my space! He has been to Australia once, as it turned out. There's a little story for you. Not exciting, but a story nonetheless!

This is the spot I will take a photo from at least once a week from now on. Unless it's a fast week, then maybe every day.

What will be the view. Was a bit overcast today, but yesterday you could see for miles!

Mr Concrete. "Hiroi, neh!"

Looking up at the house location from the parking.




This is where my study will be. When I say "study" I mean the room in which to listen to music loud and do fun things.

The living room and deck will be that corner.
And now, just in case you all forgot what it looked like a short time ago...

It's a bit of a shock, actually! But good to know the greenery will return, and then some!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment