Tuesday 1 November 2011

SINKS! TOILETS! (cleaners...shh! Don't frighten them away...)

Well, I've decided to take the good with the bad. I lament the front tiles, but plan on covering them up as much as possible with plants and more plants! But, the sinks went in today and they're beautiful! So, I'll take that!

The cleaners arrived today too, and the house is getting what will be its most thorough clean. I asked them to come back once a week, but I don't think they understood. Or perhaps they were pretending not to. Hmmm...

Sink, with tap (aka Bubble Boy).

Twins.

Sink, tiles, tap, wallpaper. A mad woman's vision comes together.

The toilets are in now too. What's that? Is that one of those Japanese toilets that warms the seat and washes your bottom with warm water? You bet you little bum it is! No more winter bum freeze for us!

My study, with shelves. Can't wait to put my beautiful books in there!

Boy and sink. The upstairs version.

This sink only cost  15,000 yen. I'll let you do the maths. I love Japanese pottery.

The floor boards, as clean as they're ever going to get!

Thank you, come again (please).

I didn't really mean to get a picture of this poor woman's bottom, I just really wanted to document the fact that at least once someone got down on their hands and knees and cleaned Ben's floor. I'm eternally grateful to her, but I'm not sure I'll be following her fine example. Steam mop anyone??

No comments:

Post a Comment