Monday 31 October 2011

Bye Bye Wallpaper san!

Hello everyone! Welcome to Monday!

This is the last week of house building per se, although the landscaping will follow in the next few weeks (not to mention years of gardening projects...). The final official inspection will take place on the 4th November (when I will be in Cambodia), then the builder will hold an open house. I hope I'm around for that!

So, progress - well, all of the wallpapering is now complete, and the tiling is being done. I haven't been up since Saturday, but at that time all of the handles of the doors were going on. I hope he's not quite finished when I go up later so I can say a proper thank you to Kitakuchi san, the door maker. He's done an amazing job.

Following are the latest pics. Back to packing for me!

The blue bathroom tiles are added. These will have dark grey grout.

Pretty! Can't wait to see them with the sinks!

Only two things missing - the sinks and the barber's mirrors. And our toothbrushes.

The dining/living, all wallpapered.

Door and wallpaper.

More doors and wallpaper. The combination of the beams, doors and textured walls makes me happy.

Wallpapered dining/kitchen.


The Shoji is fitted. These will have washi paper. The bottom section slides up.

Window shoji, which will also have washi.

I was trying to remember what I was thinking when we chose these tiles for the entry. I think we thought that lighter tiles would be better because then the entrance would be lighter, but damn! Ah well. No biggie. I hope.

Inside, they look fine, I guess!

On the upside, one of my favourite things about the genkkan (entry) is the light that shines through the doors. Once the perspex is put in, I'm sure there will still be some of this effect.

The kitchen. The door to the right now has an iron red feature.

The back cupboards are almost complete. They just need all of their handles added.

I'm sure this will grow on me too. Hmmm....it will have an interesting perspex inset here, which I'm sure will bring it together. Watch this space!

The free space, now complete with wallpaper, shelves and light.

The stair light.

Free space and stair light together.
Ben's light. Kind of reminds me of a hot air balloon.



Drifting through the clouds : )

Kaoru's study with light.


Our bedroom fan. Only down lights in here.

Fan and two tone wallpaper.

I leave you with a picture of Beppu. Saturday was a very rainy day, and on those days you can really see Beppu's hot spring steam better.

Hot spring steam - what Beppu is famous for!








1 comment:

  1. Hmmm - not sure, but we have a window in the house we're in now that has a similar frame design and I've always loved it, so the door windows are based on that. The other, bigger door design is based on not wanting too many horizontal lines to dust!! ha ha

    ReplyDelete