Tuesday 30 August 2011

Inside and outside!

I'm trying NOT to go up to the house every day so I can notice something new, but I admit I find myself drawn up there after 2 days. I can't help myself! It's great, though, because I can see so much progress just in two days. Last time, the floors were only halfway completed in my study - now the study is all done and the open living/dining/kitchen is half way done.


They have brought in this guy to help out with the floors - he is a very nice chap, as are they all.

I'm wondering if I should buy them all a set of knee pads or, by now, if they have calloused knees?!

The electrical outlets for the kitchen, up through the floor. These will power the exhaust fan and stove.

Ah, floor. I can't wait to walk barefoot on you!

There was quite a cool ship docked at the harbour today too.

But I digress...

The interior walls are being put in over the insulation. I was quite surprised how thick the board is - very nice!




And the outside has also come along very nicely too.

The front of the house. This goes right up to the gable, but you can't see it here because of the scaffolding. Once all of the siding is completed, the scaffolding will be dismantled, and we'll be able to see it all.

Look up!

Hey! Who's that monkey?!



2 comments:

  1. tourists from china are coming into beppu every few days (twice a week i think?). some tourism promotion thing Japan is doing this summer all over random places in Kyushu. so when you see that ship in town, avoid Tokiwa and the other major tourist spots! -Emiko
    PS. excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh really?! So that's what it was! Still, I guess good for Beppu's businesses and the like. I'll be able to spot it straight away from our prime position soon and be able to avoid those places - thanks for the heads up! : )

    ReplyDelete