Saturday 29 October 2011

Hand made doors make my day

One of my favourite parts of being a designer is seeing designs go from computer-based images (and sometimes more tactile media) to real life pieces - which is I guess why I love print design. Today topped it all, when I had the wonderful moment of walking into our house and seeing one of my designs in the shape of a door. Could NOT have made it myself if my life depended on it, and so I will be eternally in awe of the man who did, Kitakuchi san (in the photo below). There are four of these doors in total - as explained below...



This door goes from my study into the bathroom area. It will have white washi type of perspex inside, but you will still be able to see a tint of the red behind it. Cool.

This door will also have the white perspex - this is looking from the dining/living room towards the genkkan (entrance).

And this is what you will see when you walk in the house, except the white perspex part.

Kitakuchi san, installing the double doors of my study. Yay!

The first lot of tiles go in - the upstairs sink area.

And track lighting above the kitchen.

1 comment:

  1. ありがとう!私のオリジナルデザインです。きたくちさん(ドアをつくて)はMASTERですね!

    ReplyDelete