Wednesday 19 October 2011

More surprises! Of the good kind...

I went up to the house with Ben today, and it was only because I was with monkey-boy-scaffold-climber that I became aware of the fact that the scaffolding is now gone from the outside of our house. For the first time, we can see it without it's metal casing. It was very exciting.

I apologise for the quality of photos - I've been taking my old, small camera up there of late, but I really need to take my other camera up and do it some justice!

Anyhoo, do you notice anything else about it? No? Try looking up at the gable....that's right! It was such a nice surprise to discover they have hung the antique roof tile in the gable. 


I think it gives it a certain summin' summin'! It does look a tad croooked to me, but I even like that about it (and I don't think I'm about to ask the builders to get back up there while I say "ah, a little higher on the left!"). I can't wait to show my mother-in-law this - I hope she likes it! (recap: the roof tile comes from the old house she grew up in. Two of them were saved when the house was bulldozed about 3 years ago. We have one tile and my sister-in-law has the other - nice, huh?!).

I found a little kangaroo in the house today. Is anyone missing a kangaroo? He's missing a few teeth, but otherwise in perfect health.


What's in the boxes? Ah ha! Something that I have been waiting for!!


The sinks! The top sink (x2) will go downstairs, and the bottom will go upstairs.




On another note, the plasterer arrived today and has started preparing the walls. This means that we're in the final stages, and that once the plastering is done, on goes the wallpaper and in goes the kitchen, sinks, toilets and other exciting plumbing goodies. I plan on being up there every day from now on the charter this exciting stage, which will thankfully be very photogenic I'm sure.

now, on another matter, I did actually take some other photos yesterday, but didn't get a chance to upload them here, so here they are:

The bathroom sink area is coming along, now with a bench and cabinet. Looking much better than it was a few days ago, which is huge relief, as I was slightly panicking about my decision to use an old antique cabinet. Phew! No worries!

All of the adjustable brackets and shelves have been added, here to Kaoru's study...
...and to the free space.





 


Oh, and the sunset yesterday was pretty nice too!
Along with all of the wood in the house (door frames, window frames, trim, skirting boards, etc) the back kitchen bench has been painted with a clear protective coating.


No comments:

Post a Comment