Saturday 1 October 2011

Stairway to Heaven!!!

Hello all! After a long day of being a (mostly) dedicated dissertation writer, I've decided to reward myself with an Ogura Mansion blog posting! You lucky people! : )

Actually, today was Ben's first big soccer trip, so I dropped him off at the bus at 6.30am, after which I decided it was too lovely a morning not to see what it might look like from the Ogura Mansion. I wasn't disappointed!


The stairs have begun also...



The wood of the stairs is composite Japanese oak, making it very strong and won't warp.

Looking up through the stairs, you can see the main frame of the upstairs bookcase has also been finished...

And just for good measure, the view looking out to Takasaki Mountain from the Japanese (tatami) room...
We obviously have a lot of gardening to do.

That'll do, bloggers. That'll do.

W

No comments:

Post a Comment